Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Day Between

Well I left you all last time with a brief overview of Firefighter K's problem. Well we had our meeting and he agreed that what he had done was messed up and he wasn't making any excuses but that he had misunderstood the Captain when he had said he could go to the store....

RRRIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTT....

We decided to give him the benefit of a doubt, but surely he has to realize that he is on probation for a year from his hire date. If things continue in the manner in which they are I truly don't know if in a year he will be kicking it with us here at the good ol' fire station.

I gave my speech on the Spanish Flu on Wednesday. My speech went very well and my professor said that the imagery I used in my powerpoint was very powerful and sometimes shocking.

"Hell yeah!!" I thought to myself as he said that. I didn't win the competition, all I got was a certificate saying I had participated, but winning wasn't the important part. I just wanted the experience. I plan on submitting some more papers in the future. I am also looking around for a good topic for an article to submit to one of the history magazines. We shall see.

I just got home from being at work for the last 48 hours and I am beat. Sitting at the station and waiting for the alarm to go off isn't hard it's just draining emotionally and physically for me. I am not sure why, maybe it is the anticipation.

I go back to work tomorrow and I have to work on the FEMA Fire Grant that my Department is working on, hopefully I can knock it out tomorrow and not have to worry about it anymore as the grass is starting to grow and I am sure that we will begin to send out letters to property owners in the city who refuse to maintain their property according to city ordinances.

Yes, that's right - I am one of the grass police. If your yard is wooly looking and you have trash and other debris sitting in the yard we will send you a letter and you will clean it up or you will go to court. I hate this time of year.

Today I hope to be able to get in my garden since its not raining. I have about 20 tomato plants that need to go in the ground, not to mention my cucumber plants and okra. I will get pictures of the garden today and should have them up tonight or Tuesday. Should be fun playing in the dirt. You all know how I like to get dirty!

~ Terhune

No comments: