Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring Break

Well it's SPRING BREAK!!!

Not that I have been able to do anything real springy. Besides slacking off on my blogging, which I am making up for tonight, I have basically not been able to do anything that I wanted to do this week.

Yeah, sucks to be me.

I spent three of the days I am off at work, 24 hour shifts - remember I am a firefighter. That wasn't so bad, but it is physically and emotionally draining. I also do not sleep well at work. I think it is the sense of anticipation or something. All I know is that if my partner doesn't get rid of that TICKING alarm clock I am going to smash it into itty bitty pieces.

I have done massive amounts of laundry, cleaned up the yard, cleaned out the dog's area, planted some of my vegetables (which I will get a picture of next week after my wife and son get back from their trip to Missouri) and watched two movies that we have from Netflix so that I can send them back.

It hasn't been a total loss, I guess I have been productive in some ways. I read about six books in the last four days which I really enjoyed. I am reading the Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt novels. I am really digging the adventure novels right now. I like the blend of science, history, romance and action. Its a nice break from my usual read of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Hell I have even picked up some mystery novels lately.

Next Wednesday is the Research Symposium at my university and I am slated to give my presentation at 9:30 am. Kinda nervous about this one, still have to make the powerpoint presentation but I am familiar with the topic, I have rewritten the paper eight times and I think it is fairly done and as good to go as it can be for this time frame.

I still have to finish my research on Aaron Burr for my historiography paper as well as take a midterm still and turn in some paperwork that I forgot to do earlier.

I need a vacation!!

~ Terhune

No comments: