Saturday, March 18, 2006

Creative Starts and Stops

Well here I sit.

For years now I have contemplated writing a novel - who hasn't right? - but I always seem to have another idea, a better story, a more mysterious character....

Needless to say nothing ever gets done with the constant switching.

Now I have taken a sabbatical from all of my online gaming addictions. I decided on this course of action last week while looking around my house for some important documents for my son so that he could be registered for kindergarten and I realized that none of his paperwork was where it should have been.

The house is a mess, the yard is a mess, my organizational abilities have been lacking for like the past year and it all comes down to this:

I can't find a damn thing in my house that I need to find.

So something has to go, I have to make time to do the things that will benefit me in the long run and playing my online addictions is not one of them. I have to take control of my life before it spirals out of control- in other words before I go insane.

So I went to that bastion of consumerism - Wal-Mart - and I bought some posterboard and some new notebooks. Tomorrow when I get home from work I plan on putting a time schedule together so that I can do the things I want to do while the things I have to do are done before they need to be done so that everything is on time.

Today's list:

1. Today I will rewrite my speech on the Avian Flu for the final time in preparation for Wednesday's speech.

2. I will begin organizing my notes on my Aaron Burr paper.

3. I will organize my assignments for the annoyingly unimportant waste of time stab me in the eye because that would be better than taking this class course in Personal and Social Development before I grow so disgusted with the fact that I am actually paying for this class that I just walk away from it - which would not be a good thing.

I think that should be enough tasks for today. If I can get them all done then tomorrow I can write up a preliminary few pages on Burr and complete my powerpoint for the Avian Flu paper as well as completing 3 or 4 assignments for the BS class.

Time to get to work I guess.... Wish me luck!

~ Terhune

2 comments:

Lee said...

T, I totally forgot about the Burr paper!! Why didn't you remind me? I will try to get you some info and send it down there for you. Why didn't you remind me? You know I gots "mom with two babies" brain!! I know you will do a great job on your presentation, just speak slowly and distinctly so everyone can understand you.Hee Hee! I love you!

Terhune said...

Yeah I know you got "mom with two babies" brain so I cut you some slack every now and then!

I got another month and a half before I have to turn in the finished product so its ok that you are a slacker!