Saturday, March 24, 2007

Where am I?

Well as some of you may notice I haven't posted in a while. The reason is fairly simple....

I have been installing a fence around my backyard.

I opted for the clamshell diggers versus the auger simply to save money, so it took me two days to dig the 28 post holes I needed. I have half of it built with a gate and everything, although I think I will have to redo the gate because it is screeching across the concrete and I have decided to add a caster to the bottom of it so it will roll all nice and pretty.

I took some before pictures and I will take some after pictures when I am done. Hopefully some time next week it will all be done and my son, my dog, my wife, and I will all be happy. Then I get to begin on the treehouse I promised my son I would build. He wants it to look like a pirate ship...not sure how/if that is going to happen!

I do have one picture to share with everyone. It's a picture of the shift I work on at the fire department. I am in the middle.



Yeah, the guys on the right just wish they were as cool as me!

~ Terhune

4 comments:

~A said...

Hey, cool pic! Glad you're back, I was wondering where you had run off.

Lee said...

Yay! you almost have the fence done! I'm anxious to see how you get the tree house built. :)

Nice picture of the crew you work with. Sheesh, the two on the end to the right seem really young.

You guys and gal all rock though! Keep up the good work.

Love you!
Lee

Jay said...

By any chance, is "installing a fence" a metaphor?

Terhune said...

April - Yeah I have been rather distracted with school and building the fence, but I promise to get that list thing up in the next few days since the fence is done and I can concentrate on other things.

Lee - Yeah the guys on the right are young. I don't think either one of them are 20 yet, could be wrong on that one but I am pretty sure I am not.

Jay - Nope not a metaphor, built a 6 foot tall privacy fence around my backyard, took about 7 days with me doing it on my own with my wife helping me some and my parents chipping in with some of the carrying and stuff. All in all a good bit of work done fairly quickly I think.