Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Almost there...

Well I took my Spanish II final today and I am not sure how I did but by God I gave it a shot. Took me an hour and 20 minutes to take the test and I went back twice over the test before turning it in. I figured after spending that long on it I either had the best grade I was going to get or it was a lost cause.

I hope you guys liked the pictures of the fire I posted. It was from a house about 3 miles out in the country. We got there around 10:45 am CST I think, fire was shooting out the side window and smoke was coming from the eaves. We hit it really hard and I thought we had it but it got into the attic and ran from there.

I think that if there had been a hydrant we could have tied into then the fire would have been out, but we ran our pumper dry and then had to shuttle water. One of the volunteer departments nearby came with two pumpers that only had like 1000 gallons total if that, not really sure but I know it wasn't a lot.

The really bad thing was that the house was one of those add on things where the house had been added onto and added on to over the existing structure and the fire got into the crawl spaces in the ceiling and from there it was all over. All-in-all a busy night considering they had a fire in town at the same time and there was only three of us out there to fight the fire in the country.

The good thing is that the house was empty and no one was hurt.

Anyway, I got 1 more paper to finish and some things to tie up for my one Methods class and then I am finished till the 14th when I have to practice my graduation walk and then graduation on the 15th. About damn time!

~ Terhune

1 comment:

Lee said...

You are my hero for what you do! Not many people could work as hard as you and go to school and be a good daddy! I love you and am so proud of you!!!!

LeeAndra