Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Big Sigh

So today is the 18th of April. My Birthday is in 6 days. I will be 31. You know I remember when 31 used to seem so old to me. Now its just... me. Its amazing really, I don't think I see the world a whole lot different than I did when I was 11 or 12. Sure I know more about stuff and I have experienced more but my overall view of the world has changed in only one major way.

I see the world from about 2 feet higher.

I turned in my 24 page paper. I ended up with 299 endnotes, the paper was 37 pages all told. My paper was the only one that the professor actually took, the rest he returned for various reasons. Mainly he returned them because they did not follow his guidelines, but hey its not like he gave us a sign off sheet with all the criteria or anything (yes, that last statement is dripping with sarcasm).

I got into another Master's program that will allow me to work as a teacher while I finish my degree. So about May of 2008 I should have my Teacher's License and my Masters. Then it is time for a short break, and then I shall start on the PhD material.

The only problem I have, and its really not a problem, is that I will have to leave the fire department. The job gets old after a bit and the things you miss like birthdays, holidays, etc. etc. tend to be events that you really wanted to go to and that you kind of regret not being at, at least for me that is. I will miss the people I work with and the actual job itself.

I love tossing on an airpack and running into a burning building, there is nothing like it in the world.

Oh well, school is almost over again and I have to say that this semester has been exhausting with everything going on with school, work and family. I will be glad for summer, especially now that I have my fence up - now if I could just find my camera so that I could post the pictures I took...

~ Terhune

4 comments:

velvet said...

Hey, that's great about getting your paper done finally. Teaching is going to be quite a switch from fighting fires, that's for sure. Now the fires that you have to put out will be only figurative.

Good luck! Oh, and 31 is young, at least to some of us. I suppose that it's all relative. ;)

~A said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I also haven't been around very much, so I won't give you any flack for your lack of posting. That paper sounds like it was a biatch. I hope things are looking up foryou. =)

~A said...

I think I must be losing my mind, I could have sworn I commented on here already.

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you enjoyed yourself.

And come back!

Unknown said...

Hey Terhune, I hope all is well. You've been gone awhile now ...

By the way, new name, new blog, same dramatic life. =) I had to erase my old one. I'm sure you'll recognize me in my new blog. I'm trying to remain incognito.