Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Helping Some of the Desplaced Americans

Well its been a few days since my last entry and I have been busy. I still have not been able to contact anyone about going south to help with the clean-up effort and now I hesitate to even go. According to the local papers, the National Guard down there is just sitting and those guys are not happy about it.

The United States, all the resources in the world and nothing being done.

I checked a few articles online lat night from ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX..you name it I was there reading. I came across an article about emergency responders who came from FLorida the day after the hurricane hit and drove to Mississippi. The gentlemen interviewed said that they had all this equipment, fresh people and training and they were put 40 miles inland to sit for a week.

He was very frustrated, said they might as well have stayed home.

So while I am at home, I have been helping to locate missing family members by putting up a blog for a group of people that are calling area hospitals , shelters, etc. etc.

So far we have found 3 people and have rumors of maybe a 4th!

So if you are reading this and have the time and the money and are willing to help call or search the internet please go the site and extend your hand and your heart.

As always I remain...

Respectfully Yours,

~Terhune

No comments: