Saturday, October 18, 2008

NaNoWriMo - I think I can, I think I can...

Well I checked into the NaNoWriMo experience about 5 years ago and at the time I was getting back into the swing of college full time so I passed. This year though, I am all about it.

There are the details: You write a 50,000 word story in a month. If you make it you are a winner, if you don't then at least you tried. There seems to be an active community there and the forums on the website seem to be fairly active considering that the event hasn't started yet.

http://www.nanowrimo.org

Sorry about the previous post, looking back on it now I seem kind of whiny. Oh well, it happens.

Anyway, back to the writing thing. I am debating what kind of story to tell. Science Fiction type or Fantasy type. I have been digging SF for a the last couple of years, but the majority of my reading has been Fantasy. Maybe I can combine the two in some way with elements of SF and Fantasy tossed together.

I have 13 days to figure this out and start writing. I think that if I sit down and just start something will click. Then I can sit down and semi-plan the monstrosity. I think it will be fun regardless, hell it might just end up being a load of crap and make no sense at all, that would be ok. Its the writing the 50,000 words thats the goal in some simbalence of order.

Possiblities are endless...

~ Terhune

No comments: