Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Developments in the South

It’s been another nonproductive day for me, or rather a boring day because I actually did quite a bit of school work today. The surprising thing was how quickly the day seemed to pass by. I am amazed at how late it is.

My brother got called back up today for a two week stint down in Louisiana. He goes to Fort Polk tomorrow and from there he had no clue what he would be doing exactly. I had the news channels playing in the background all day today and I am appalled by the looters that have crawled out of their holes in New Orleans.

Lets take advantage of the misery and misfortune that has struck our hometown and make the job of clean up and rescue that much harder by taking everything that isn’t nailed down and for an added bonus let’s shoot at the cops!

What a bunch of morons. I say the cops; National Guard and what not shoot looters on sight. Anyone who behaves the way those looters are behaving doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us – lets ventilate them.

Seriously it’s a shame the way the worst in human nature seems to appear during a disaster. I guess the scum just floats to the top.

I made a gazillion paper airplanes for my son today. I don’t think he threw one of them. He just ran around making swooshing noises and waving the paper airplanes in the air. It was funny, cute and interesting. I love watching how his mind works, how it seems to be developing more everyday.

Nothing else new on the home front; work and school rule the day while family rides along. Tomorrow is a new day...blah blah blah and all that jazz.

As always I remain…

Respectfully yours,

~ Terhune

No comments: