Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Beginnings and Aftermath

So today was the first day for our new professor. He seems to be a competent kind of guy, otherwise why would he have been hired. Its to soon to tell what kind of teacher he will be but I am afraid that he might have bitten off a bit more than he can chew with this new job.

The way that some of the other students where talking to him in class and he was allowing it blew my mind. It was like they had to interject something after every sentence he said - it drove me nuts. Anyway we shall see how it goes, I hope it goes very well for him and that we have a good class this semester.

Hurricane Katrina seems to have passed us by, but the folks down south in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama are in for a world of hurt. I heard on the news tonight that in New Orleans they have what emergency coordinators call a "toxic soup". It seems that all the chemicals and waste from the city are mixing it up with the bodies of the dead as the coffins pop out of the ground and float around.

That's bad stuff. Disease will be a major problem I am thinking. Prayer and hard work go a long way to fixing the things that need fixing, lets be sure to give them at least our prayers if not our support.

As always I remain...

Respectfully Yours,

~ Terhune

No comments: