Saturday, July 26, 2008

Getting in Gear for School

Well I am a week away from going back to school. Amazing how quick the summer goes! I plan on really being organized this year. To help with that I have started a simple class website using Google. I will probably also include a blog, I have not decided yet because it definitely won't be linked to this one. Anyway, if you are curious here is the website:

Mr.White's History Classes

I have been working on lesson plans and project guidelines, next week I am going to go over my powerpoints and notes and make sure I have everything ready. My goal is to have all of the first semester done by the second week of school.

I am also hoping to start my MA in History in August. I have submitted everything so now I am waiting for the Graduate Committee to meet and decide on my application. I hope to hear something by next Friday so if I need to go to the university one day to finalize the paperwork I will not have to miss a day of work.

Speaking of work, if you are wondering why I am going back to work on the 4th of August let me tell you. My school has scheduled 9 days of professional development for us to take right at the beginning of school. That way at the end of the year when people do not have all of their hours to maintain their license, the school can say "We offered it, but you did not take advantage of it". I don't really mind but another week of vacation would be nice.

Anyway, I am just plugging away at stuff. Wish me luck with this upcoming year!

~ Terhune

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Good luck!! The website looks awesome. ;) Good luck with starting your MA. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hear something!